Tuesday, April 2, 2013


I just got off the phone with the pre-op surgical nurse and I am a bit shaken up.  After going through the whole don't eat or drink after midnight, bring a pillow or two for the ride home she explained the pre-op procedure.  I am supposed to be at the hospital by 8:15 a.m.  I will be taken to something called a BLOCK room and given a series of needles to to numb my arm.  She then informed me that I would be awake for the entire procedure and that I would be spoken to by the anesthesiologist  during the entire surgery.  I am kind of freaked.  I am terrified of needles to start with, getting them not giving them.  My entire ignorance is bliss world has just been crushed.  I seriously do not think I can go through with this under those conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment